B.A.(Hons.) English and Literature ( Full Time)
Candidates seeking admission into this programme should possess any of the following qualifications :
- At least five Ordinary level credit passes in WASC , WAEC SSCE /GCE ,NECO SSCE or at least five merit-level passes in the Teachers' Grade II ( TC II) examinations or its recognized should include English Language and Literature in English , and another Arts subject , ( to include Government).
Note: University Matriculation Examinations ( UME) subjects are:
(a) Use of English
(b) Literature in English,
(c) One Arts subject and
(d) Another Arts or Social Science subject
Direct Entry Option:
In addition to the UME requirement, candidates who possess any of the following qualifications may be considered for admissions:
- At least two Advanced Level passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) or the Higher School Certicate (HSC) or its recognized equivalent . The subjects should include Literature in English and one other Arts subject.
- At least a credit-level pass in the Diploma in Theatre Arts (DTA) of the University of Benin or an equivalent qualification ( with at least an upper credit-level pass) from any other recognized University .
- Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with at least a credit-level pass in English Language as Principal subject from a recognized College of Education . In addition , candidates should have at least an overall credit-level pass.
- At least an upper- credit level pass in the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Mass Communication from a recognised Polytechnic or College of Technology.